[Marxistindia] On Lok Sabha Election Results

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Sat May 16 12:35:30 IST 2009

                                                            May 16, 2009

Press Statement

The Polit Bureau of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) has issued
the following statement:

                     On Lok Sabha Election Results

The elections to the Lok Sabha have resulted in a victory for the
Congress and its allies who will be in a position to form the new
government.

The CPI(M) and the Left parties have suffered a major set back in these
elections. This necessitates a serious examination of the reasons for
the Party's poor performance.

The CPI(M) will continue its cooperation with the non-Congress, non-BJP
secular parties with whom we have been working.

The CPI(M) assures all those who have reposed faith in the Party in
these elections that we will continue to champion the interests of the
working people, national sovereignty and secularism.

eom