[Marxistindia] Letter to PM -- Union Ministers Interfering in Lalgarh

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Sun Jun 21 15:31:20 IST 2009

                                                           June 21, 2009

For Publication

Member of Parliament belonging to the Left Parties have sent the
following letter to the Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh.

                      ***************************

Dear Pradhan Mantriji,

We are writing to you to convey our apprehensions in connection with the
ongoing joint operations by the Central Security Forces and the Security
Forces of the Government of West Bengal in Lalgarh and other areas of
West Midnapore against the Maoist violence.

We have learnt through media reports that some members of the Union
Council of Ministers are proceeding to visit the affected areas and are
making public comments which are adversely complicating the operations
against the Maoists.

You had, yourself, drawn the attention of the country by stating that
the Maoist activities constitute one of the gravest threats to India's
internal security. In that spirit, the Central Security Forces have been
dispatched at the request of the state government for launching these
joint operations.

In this situation, we, Members of Parliament belonging to the Left
parties seek your personal intervention to ensure that the joint
operations against the Maoists are not adversely complicated by
utterances and actions of some members of the Union Council of Ministers
as reported by the media.

With regards,

Yours sincerely

CPI(M):Sitaram Yechury, Brinda Karat, Mohd. Amin, Basudev Acharia,
Shyamal Chakraborty, P. Karunakaran, A. Vijayaraghavan, P. Madhu, T. K.
Rangarajan, Bajuban Riyan, Khagen Das, Tapan Sen

CPI: D. Raja

RSP:Abani Roy

Forward Bloc: Barun Mukherjee, Narahari Mahato

copy to: Shri P Chidambaram, Minister for Home Affairs, Government of
India