[Marxistindia] Brinda Karat on Investigations in the bomb blasts in Ajmer Sharif and Mecca Masjid

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Thu May 6 14:23:35 IST 2010

ZERO HOUR MENTION BY BRINDA KARAT ON INVESTIGATIONS IN BOMB BLASTS IN AJMER SHARIF AND MECCA MASJID RAISED IN RAJYA SABHA ON MAY 6, 2010

I draw attention to the recent serious developments in the investigations into the cases of the bomb blasts in Ajmer Sharif and the linkages with the mecca masjid bomb blasts  both of which had taken place in 2007. It is true that terror has no religion and it is equally true that terrorists taking the name of any particular religion defame the very religion in whose name they act. In the current investigations these highly condemnable anti-national acts of terror and bomb blasts in places of worship like the sufi shrine in Ajmer or the masjid in Hyderabad were committed by groups acting in the name of Hindutva. In these two blasts several innocent people were killed and hundreds injured. Earlier in the Malegaon bomb blasts in 2006 and again in 2008 in Malegaon and Modasa groups again acting in the name of Hindutva have been implicated. Recently it was reported that the RSS has expelled one of its pracharaks for his involvement following the investigations.

Sir several questions arise; (1) How is it that immediately after the bomb blasts the top Government Ministers and officials immediately linked the blasts to members of the Muslim community alleging links with Huji and Lashkar. We know the culpability of Huji and Lashkar in many acts of terror in this country but when it becomes an automatic reaction to blame Muslims with links to these terror outfits for the blasts it is the gravest injustice to the community and in fact it helps terror groups operating across the border as the credibility of our own investigation gets compromised. In this connection the arrest, torture and incarceration of 75 Muslim youth in Hyderabad in 2007 and 2008 is a  shameful symbol of prejudice and community profiling. I hope this House will join me in demanding compensation for them. I also demand a fresh probe into the mecca masjid blasts in the light of new evidence of links with the Ajmer sharif blasts.

(2) It seems that there is a network of groups operating in different parts of the country who are committed to acts of terror in the name of Hindutva. The Government should institute an enquiry into this.

(3) we also have to strongly condemn that politics which produces  persons who commit such acts, the politics of communal hatred, the targeting of Muslims, the false propaganda and the distortions of history. We can expel such people once they are caught but if we continue such sectarian and communal politics then such organizations will be seen as political factories producing anti-patriotic monsters who do not hesitate to kill and maim innocent people. I hope the House will strongly condemn these forces.