[Marxistindia] Memorandum to ECI

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Sat Apr 16 21:30:40 IST 2016

April 16, 2016

Press Release

A two member delegation of the CPI(M) consisting of General Secretary Sitaram Yechury and Central Secretariat Member Nilotpal Basu met the Chief Election Commissioner today to draw the attention of the Commission some disturbing events regarding the West Bengal Assembly elections.  The text of the memorandum submitted to the Commission is being released herewith.

 Dear Sir,

At the very outset, let us thank the Election Commission of India for its prompt response to our submission on April 12, 2016.  We believe that your first time appraisal of the situation in West Bengal  would be more useful for us for initiating subsequent action for holding a free and fair election in the remaining phases in West Bengal.

But the Chief Minister's response to the decisions of the EC has been unconstitutional and outrageous.  We are forwarding the representation of the CPI(M) West Bengal State Committee dated April 15, 2016 (Annexure I) for suitable and necessary action.

Over and above the notice that the Commission has issued to the Chief Minister another hate speech by her at Belda on April 8th where she offered inducements as well needs to be taken into cognizance.  CPI(M) West Bengal State Committee has represented to this effect (Annexure II).

We are also hereby annexing a representation from the CPI(M) West Bengal State Committee for overcoming the difficulties that are to surely arise for exercising appropriate surveillance on the AITC leader, Anubrata Mondal (Annexure III).  But it seems that these actions are proving inadequate to deter the miscreants a representation of the CPI(M) Birbhum District Committee will appraise you of the situation (Annexure IV).

We are reiterating that to ensure effective deployment of the Central Forces, some further changes are necessary in the policing set-up by replacing the ADG law and order with some other officer.  The West Bengal CPI(M) has represented to this effect (Annexure V)

Finally, we are hereby submitting a full list of sensitive booths which are going to polls on April 17, 2016 (Annexure VI).

With regards,

Yours sincerely

Sd/-

(Sitaram Yechury)                                              (Nilotpal Basu)

General Secretary                                               Member, Central Secretariat