The Party has given a call for countrywide campaign against the murderous attacks against the Party in West Bengal that intensified with the announcement of the 2009 Lok Sabha elections. More than 255 people have been killed between May 16, 2009 2009 and July 31, 2010. 169 Party members, sympathisers or activitis were killed by Maoists alone in three districts. between May 16, 2010 and September 14, 2010. There has been a virtual blackout in the media of these attacks targetting the Party and its movement. Little known is the fact that scores of CPI (M) activists and supporters have been killed by the Maoists in the West Midnapore district alone since 2003. About 50 of them were poor peasants and agricultural workers.
Below are links to two pamphlet brought out coinciding with the countrywide campaign call given by the Party in solidarity with our comrades in West Bengal and against the recent violence. Also given are links to the list of Martyrs (between May 16, 2009 and July 31, 2009), an article from People's Democracy on the subject and links to other stories.
- List of Martyrs
- Solidarity with West Bengal (pamphlet)
- Defeat This Politics of Violence (pamphlet)
- Campaign to Defend CPI(M) & Left in West Bengal
- Resistance Against Trinamul-Maoist Violence
- Maoist-TMC Criminals Murdering Teachers
- Interview with Buddhadeb Bhattacharya
- Some Photographs of the Brutal Killings