CPI(M) General Secretary, Sitaram Yechury, will participate in the meeting of opposition parties being held tomorrow at 3.00 p.m. through video conferencing.
He will be placing the following issues, for consideration of opposition parties, to be jointly raised for immediate implementation by the central government:
- Direct Cash Transfer of Rs. 7,500/- to all families outside the Income Tax bracket, each month for the pandemic period.
- Free distribution of 10 kg foodgrains to all needy individuals, each month for the next six months
- Free transportation for all migrant workers to their native places.
- Reverse all unilateral policy decisions particularly the annulment of labour laws.
- Procure immediately the rabi harvest and minor forest produce at MSP. Provide seeds, fertilisers and other inputs to the farmers preparing for the kharif crop.
- Release substantial funds to the state governments who are in the frontline of combating the pandemic.
- Stop communal profiling, targeting and arresting peaceful protesters and people expressing dissent under draconian laws like the Sedition Act, UAPA and NSA.
- Release all political prisoners, particularly those arrested in Jammu & Kashmir and jailed inside and outside the state.